Relay for Life
American Cancer Society Relay for Life of Central Bucks Middle Schools
May 15, 2010
Students, and fellow community members, from across the Central Bucks Middle Schools will take part in the American Cancer Society Relay for Life on May 15, 2010. This seven year fundraising
effort allows involved members to celebrate the lives of those who have had cancer, remember those lost, and to feel a connection on fighting back against the disease.
Our middle school students have a lot to be proud of:
- The only middle school Relay for Life in Pennsylvania
- Out of 221 Relay for Life events in Pennsylvania, our fundraising total ranked 12th
- 2,758 student participants (56% of middle level students in the district)
- A donation average of $89.66 per student participant
- 171 participating cancer survivors and another 143 caregivers
- 2,103 attending adult chaperones
- 3,368 luminaria circling both sides of the track
Over one million dollars has been raised so far! We celebrate a “world with more birthdays”.
Teachers and students at Tohichon Middle School are busy preparing for the Relay for Life event on May 15, 2010. They spent many hours mulching the grounds for this special occasion.